Saturday, March 12, 2011

Envelope book swap

On one of my groups we are having an envelope book swap!! I thought it was a great idea!! I choose to use the theme - from our house to yours - referring to the communication between families that is done through the postal system - we all love to get mail!!
I used walnut ink to distress my envelopes and added coffee cup stains to most of them!! Cool effect!! I created art on the front and the back and included fun stuff inside too!!
The front of the A2 sized envelope features a road stamped on the bottom using an unmounted distressed wheel (SU), a bare tree stamp (Applachian Arts), some mountains (Applachian Arts) and words stamped with my set of magnetic letter stamps (Making Memories) - all in dark brown ink (Memories Chalk). I used an old funky book, drew houses with a large black permanent marker on the pages and cut them out to embellish my envelopes. Colour printed the mail box onto label, cut it out to make a sticker and placed it by the road near the house. I stamped the little envelope on label as well and cut it out as well. I placed it near the top of the house and used a fine tip Sharpie marker to create a line of movement from the words to the mail box.
On the back of the envelope I stamped the unmounted wheel stamp of houses (SU) across the bottom edge and added a bit of colour with coloured pencils. I dug through my postage stamp collection looking for an appropriate postage stamp. Found enough of these that feature flags and were similar in colour to my mailbox so added that to my flap next to the my words along with a line of movement with a black Sharpie.
To the inside of the envelope I added a little petal envelope cut from brown paper embellished with french script (SU) that has postage stamps inside it. They all feature houses of some kind. I also included one of my 3D house ATC!!! These little ATCs actually can be unfolded and make a three dimensional house!! Very fun!!
I have mailed them off and am looking forward to the little stash of envelopes I will be getting back!! I will make myself some interesting covers and bind them all together using my Bind it All!!
I am starting to have a little collection of interesting art books that are all my creations!!

Therese

1 comment:

  1. Oh I cannot wait to see this in person !!!! This is going to be a wonderful swap !! A sneak peak is on my blog of mine too if you want to have a look!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments