Saturday, March 12, 2011

Vintage love letters postcard

This is my creation in response to a challenge to create a vintage love letter postcard. It was totally fun to put together but gathering the supplies took a bit of time. The background is colour printed - a vintage postcard with music on it - front and back. I downloaded them from Jack and Cat Curio - they have great art and occasionally some images for download - very cool stuff!! I downloaded the handwritten letter from a collage Flicker group where people upload stuff for sharing. The rose I downloaded from the internet - not sure where from.
I printed the postcard - front and back and glued it to cardstock and then colour washed the edges with walnut ink so it would look like it was only one piece. I colour washed the handwritten letter with walnut ink as well and then cut a piece the size I needed for my project, from it. The rose I colour printed and cut out close to the edges. I cut the little envelope using the petal card die (SU) from gold vellum which had heart swirls on it and put a vintage heart tag on the inside closing it off with a brown seal. It is a reuse item - can you guess where it came from - leave me a comment if you figure it out. The ribbon is brown vintage seam binding and I dug a gold heart embellishment from my metal stash. The postage stamps are used stamps I have collected along the way.
After preparing all of my elements I started laying them out and seeing how they all worked with each other. Once I had all the items laid out the way I wanted them I glued everything in place starting with the lower items and finally adding the seam binding and the metal heart!!
I love the way it came together!!!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments