Monday, May 08, 2023

Slow Stitching - some little stitched elements for adding to handmade cards


 I have been working on these small stitched elements which I will be adding to handmade cards.  The butterfly, leaves and bird are images which I traced out with a light gray pigment pen onto the off white cotton scraps and then embroidered with stem stitch in the appropriate colours.  I embellished these with Serwent Inktense watercolours.  I was very careful this time to not use too much water and to start all my applications to the interior of the designs and managed to get very little bleeding of colour outside the designs.  The watercolour becomes permanent once it dries.  After they were dry I also used the iron to flatten them out and they look great.  Really, loving the process!!
The other two are fabric elements which have been cut out of fabric and stitched to the cotton pieces.  The heart has purple stem stitch all the way around and stab stitches in three different colours on the inside.  The other flowers were little half circles trimmed from fun fabrica and stitched down using stem stitch in black floss and then added french knots and then some stems with leaves.  
I stitched all of these to the horsehair interface which very nicely simulates linen fabric.  I will add these to coordinating card front to finish them up. Will post them here once they are done.  You can check out a few more here and here and here.    Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments