Thursday, November 22, 2007

A simple card with gold elegance!! I embossed the gold foil cardstock with a special blend of gold embossing powder!! I mixed regular gold embossing powder with one that had gold glitter in it. I found the glittery one too chunky used on its own but mixed about 1/3 to 2/3 of regular gold it gave a little extra sparkle without any chunkiness to the images. That slick surface was a little tricky when using pigment ink - Gold Encore Metallic! REALLY easy for the stamp to slide!!
I also gold embossed the poinsettia image. I could have coloured the image but liked it more simple so left it as it was. I layered onto ivory and then onto a very light taupe colour for just a little contrast!
Happy with the look and gold was a good change of pace for me!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments