Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Art - Christmas cards

I created this card for my regular Cardmaking class for November - Christmas cards!! I do love playing with my Christmas stamps and seeing what I can create. For this one I created an alcohol ink background on glossy paper with a painters tape mask on the bottom to create a snow bank of sorts. The ink did leak a bit behind the tape but still gave enough of a masking to create the snow effect I was looking for! I used SU reinkers - Night of Navy and Brocade Blue. Really like the watercolour effect of this technique! Embossed the trees from Lovely as a Tree set over the background!! Love it!! Added a silver embossed greeting on the navy card and a snowflake brad to bridge the two!! Though it is not very visible I did layer the trees onto silver foil paper as well. Matches with the embossed image and greeting very well. This was a quick card and would work very well for a production card. You could vary the colours of the sky, the cardstock and the greeting for different seasons as well. Very versatile design.

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments