Monday, March 08, 2010

Creating chipboard books


I have illlustrated the steps taken to create the chipboard books the students used as a base for their Chunky Art books!!
The chipboard started life as the backers of full year planning calendar which Santa brings me every year!! I cut them into strips and then into pages. The pages were then assembled into books and stacked. Each page of each book was punched using my GB Ceralox binding machine. The 3/4" black bindings were cut to size and added to complete each chipboard book!! They looked great and it was going to be perfect that the pages could removed and added to the bindings manually!! The pages are 4" x 5 1/4" or so!! I knew these pages were going to hold up to any sort of material or technique we were going to use in our books!!
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments