Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Art - Cardmaking - Buckle card

Got the inspiration for this card from Splitcoast Stampers. The paisley Cuttle Bug embossing folder I borrowed from my neighbor a while back. I have placed an order for some new CB embossing folders which are hard to find most anywhere and Pauline has them for me!! I will be picking up my order at Stamp Fest in July!!
I trimmed the embossed layer to the edge of the embossing and trimmed off 1.25". I glued the larger piece to the front of the card and trimmed the card front so it would be even all the way around. I glued the 1.25" to the back inside of the card! The folded buckle (1/2" or so) is glued between this little layer and the card. I was sure to stamp my greeting to the right so my buckle would tuck into my card front. I used the SU window punch to cut a hole in the card front to tuck the buckle into. If you don't have the punch you can punch two holes and cut out the space in between or just cut a slit. The flower is from a recently acquired SU set which I watercoloured to coordinate with the card.
These were supposed to be more male looking cards but I was having a really hard time finding any other image that would go with my paisleys!! It is not always inappropriate to have flowers on a guy card!!
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments