Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Art - handpainted silk card

It has been a long time since I posted!! I have been teaching, creating, sick and had my grand daugther here for two weeks!! I am still playing catch up so I have a LOT to post to my blog in the next little while. Thanks for checking in!

Here is the card I made for last month's card club exchange! We made some hand painted silk at one of our members home's last month and were challenged to make a card with it for the exchange. I stamped on the silk with brown Memories ink I used my circle cutter to cut a hole in the card front and then created a layer in brown that was just a little smaller. I used glue stick to attach my silk and stretched it nicely in the opening. I added a layer to the inside front to cover up the silk and make a neat finish.
Layered a SU scallop punchie in ivory, 1 1/8" punchie in brown, a rust flower punchie and combined them with an ivory eyelet which I set with my Cropadile. Punched the SU slot punch on the right hand side of the card and ran brown ribbon from the inside through to a slot on the spine. Added my embellishment and stamped Thank you in brown. The card front was stamped very lightly in caramel using my SU Harlequin background stamp.
Over all a wonderful effect and I was very happy with the results of this effort. I have a few more pieces of silk I will play with in my card making!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments