Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Art - cardmaking - skeleton leaf

This card features a wonderful skeleton leaf!! The handmade paper is some I made myself with recyclable paper and natural additions like leaves and weeds. I really like the texture and interest of this handmade paper!! It is layered onto brown cardstock. I stamped the greeting - round greeting set by StampinUP in light green ink, punched it out with a 1" punch and layered it onto a brown ribbon slide (Cuttle Bug). I layered my green 1/4" ribbon over top of an ivory cardstock strip that just fit into the ribbon slide - approximately 3/8". I cut a slit on the spine to accomodate the ribbon and glued it to the inside. Folded the other end over the front of the card and glued it to the inside. This is another one that would be very suitable for Father's Day in any colour your Dad really likes!!

It was fun to shift the focus and concentrate on male themes and colours.

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments